I used to read a lot. Like really a lot.
Back in college, when I was still staying in the hostel at TARC, I would read every day.
I didn't have Internet access back then, neither did I have a smartphone.
My evenings are spent doing tutorial questions, and then hanging out with other hostel friends. When I retire to my room, I would lie in bed and read any book I have. I used to fall asleep with a book beside me... I kinda miss those days when I had lesser things to take away my attention.
Now, I TRY (very very very very hard) to make time for reading.
When I started working, time seemed so little as there are just too many things that I have to do every day. With at least 8.5 hours spent at work daily, 8 hours for sleep, I am only left with 8 hours for meals, bath, cleaning, running errands, grocery shopping, catching up with friends, relaxing, etc.
Another thing that pushed reading to the last of my list of things to do is because I am already reading A LOT at work. I read every single day and it can get very tiring for me and my eyes to be reading again when I am home. So I tend to be lazy and watch movies/dramas/variety shows instead.
I don't have a specific preference when it comes to books. I usually read the synopses or review of a book before buying it. But I do realise that I am more inclined to buying books by Asian/Middle-Eastern authors or stories related to Chinese/Asian/Middle-Eastern heritage and culture. Currently looking for Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner. Couldn't find the book at any book stores. So, if you spot this at any book shop, pleaseeeeeeeeeee let me know! :D
I do have an author whom I like at the moment - Jodi Picoult.
I only collect her books and I enjoy reading most of her books because of the way she writes and the way her stories unfold.
Other authors that I like would be Roald Dahl (I love most of his books, too!), Jane Austen, Emily Bronte and Amy Tan.
That's all I think. hehehe...
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment